Looking for a protein treat that’s delicious and easy to make? Megan Kelly from The Realistic Holistic has provided this creative holiday recipe for Gingerbread Protein Cookies. Please see our notes section below if you are interested in seeing alternative options. Use the following pdf to preview the recipe or read on below:
Creates: 12 servings
Total time: 20 minutes
1 ¼ Cups Almond Flour
½ cup Vanilla Protein Powder
3 tbsps Coconut Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
2 tbsp Fancy Molasses
1 1tbsp Maple Syrup
¼ cup Tapioca Flour (or any type of flour, for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (191ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine almond flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses, syrup and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms
- Generously dust a flat surface, a rolling pin and cookie cutter with tapioca flour. Roll out the dough and cut out shapes.
- Bake for 8 to 10 min. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Amount per serving
Vitamin A: 23IU
Vitamin C: 0mg
Vitamin D: 3IU
Vitamin E: 0mg
We hope you enjoy these Gingerbread Protein Cookies from Megan Kelly!
If you have no cookie-cutter: Use the rim of a mason jar to cut out circles, or roll into balls and press down flat with the palm of your hand.
Protein Powder: This recipe was developed and tested using a whey-based protein powder. If using a different type of protein, results may vary.
Interested in reading more on our blog? Click here to view our complete collection of blog posts.